In October 2004, Julie Sherman and Aaron Straussner decided to open a law firm to help injured safety members. The firm originally opened an office on Ventura Boulevard in Encino. In 2009, the partners decided it was time to become part of the community and purchased a distinctive building from which to run their operation. In 1926, the Van Nuys library was erected in the classic California Spanish style with hand painted ceilings and open beam construction. The building was fabricated of solid concrete and designed by famed architect Allison and Allison. The library was opened to the public in March of 1927 and served the Van Nuys community until a new larger library opened May 11, 1964. The Van Nuys Library was designated to the National Register of Historic Places #2509 (05/19/1987) and Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument #911 (02/13/2008).